Welcome to Burlingame Dental Arts! As a premiere Southwest Portland dentist, our highly-trained dentists and staff offer state of the art dental care and services in a warm and comfortable environment. We are happily accepting new patients!
At Burlingame Dental Arts, we offer a variety of payment options for your convenience. We accept checks, cash or credit cards including Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Care Credit for services rendered in our office.
As a courtesy to you, we will gladly file claims on your behalf to your dental insurance carrier. We accept ODS Premier, Delta Dental Premier, Blue Cross Par Dental, Advantage Dental, Pacific Source, United Concordia Elite, Washington Dental Premier and many others. Please call and ask about your dental insurance company if you don’t see it here.
As a patient, dental benefits are very important but can often be confusing and complicated. Our office staff is skilled in working with you and your insurance provider to maximize your benefits.
Important Facts About Dental Insurance
- Depending on your insurance carrier, your plan may cover from 70-100% of preventative care and from 50-70% of basic and major services based on your plan’s pre-determined maximum fee allowance for that service
- Before your visit, please review your specific policy in order to determine how much insurance will allow for your treatment and how much your deductibles and co-payments will be. Our staff will gladly assist you with any questions you may have. Please bring your insurance card and policy booklet to your first appointment.
- All co-payments and deductibles are due at the time of service and are estimated based on the most current information we have at that time for your insurance.
- “Usual and customary” means an insurance company has calculated that a procedure’s fee is acceptable based upon surveys of dental office fees within the Portland area. This does not mean that the dentist’s fee is covered 100% by the insurance company. We provide high-quality dental care to our patients and our fees reflect what it costs to offer this level of care.
- Cancellation of appointments require a 24 hour notice. This allows us adequate time to schedule other patients for procedures and emergencies.
- Less than 24 hour notice or a failed appointment may result in a service charge.